Jolene over at Middling Monettes did this Christmas survey that I thought was fun so I’ll do the same. Here goes……
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mostly wrapping paper. I love wrapping gifts and packages look better under the tree. There will be a few in bags depending on size and shape.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. I love real ones but they are expensive and messy. Especially since we keep putting them up earlier and earlier.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving Weekend usually
4. When do you take the tree down?
When I get the time right after the new year and when I’m in the mood
5. Do you like egg nog?
It’s good in small doses but better with something added to it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don’t really remember anything that stands out as a child but I always loved getting new PJs, bath stuff, smell goods and powder as a teenager.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband is starting to be hard to shop for. It used to be easy but now we pretty much get what we want during the year.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My son. He’s 20 months old…they love everything. I’ve been done with his gifts for awhile now. Now I have to buy for everyone else….the hard people to buy for.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
I prefer to get Cards in the mail so I’ll be sending cards as well. I better get on that….hehehehehe
11 .Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It wasn’t so much a xmas gift someone gave but one I got while playing Dirty Santa…..a hair dryer
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
The cartoon…Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I love the snow creature
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Oct-Nov for some….Week of xmas for others
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Oh that’s a hard one. We always serve up a table full of snacks and sweets and I love them all. But my husband’s family tradition is Chinese food on xmas eve and I always look forward to that no matter how many times we eat Chinese throughout the year
16. Clear or colored Christmas lights?
On the tree I have mostly clear with one strand of red. Outside they are clear but we are not done putting out the lights. Last year I did them in red white and blue but this year will have have red and clear outside I think.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Baby it’s cold outside
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Most of our family lives here so we’ll stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
Yes I can thank you
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Both and then open some the week after xmas when my sister and her family come up.
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year?
People get crazy……I don’t like to shop when there are lots of people…..
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I have several cat ornaments that I love so my tree has a catsy/old fashion theme going for it.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Snack foods and sweets
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
My list includes a scrapbook tote, the new pirates movie, a necklace with a single pearl, MP3 player and some garden decor. I’m still working on my list 🙂